Reports to: Software Development Manager
Employment: Full-Time, Exempt
StationMD is a telehealth company dedicated to serving individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD). All StationMD clinicians are board-certified and specially trained to treat individuals with I/DD. Clinicians are available 24/7 via telemedicine for urgent and non-urgent medical matters. StationMD also offers scheduled psychiatry visits via telemedicine to individuals with I/DD. In providing this suite of services, StationMD enables individuals with I/DD faster access to high-quality care and substantially reduces unnecessary medical costs.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can architect, design, develop, and maintain the software necessary to support business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have worked previously as a software developer, engineer, or architect and created professional technical solutions. In accordance with the company’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), the candidate will work closely with the IT Project Manager to gather requirements and develop specifications, designs, strategies, and timelines for fully functional software systems.
To be successful in this role, it is important to have experience working with SaaS models, development frameworks, relational databases, object-oriented programming, and application performance tuning. This role requires creativity and technical skills to apply the principles of software engineering to create quality solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design high-quality, testable, efficient code
- Engineer solutions to support time-series data capture and analysis
- Proficient in database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Research and propose solutions available from 3rd party providers (microservices, AWS Lambda functions, etc.) to reduce cost and increase reliability
- Produce documentation (flow-charts, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc) for designs, specifications, and end-users
- Support quality assurance testing and tools
- Provide application capacity and performance management support
- Integrate in-house and 3rd party components into a software solution
- Work with the Security Operations Center to implement best practices from the NIST Secure Software Development Framework
- Keep up to date with technology advancement to ensure our product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth
- Troubleshoot existing and new applications
- Assist with application software deployments
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- ISC2 Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (desired)
- At least 4 years of related experience in software engineering
- General knowledge of cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Experience with RESTful API design, development, versioning and testing
- Knowledge of operating systems including Linux (Ubuntu is a bonus)
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and source code management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with different development methodologies (agile, waterfall, test-driven)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to work in a fast-pasted environment with competing priorities
- Ability to work, on occasion, during nights and weekends to support software releases, system configuration and updates
- Prior experience in healthcare electronic medical systems is a plus
HealthTech Partners, Inc is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.